Ribbonwood Retreat has been designed to create a holiday home and rural retreat which enhances the sense of connection with the inherent beauty of the surrounding landscape.
The cottage has an open plan living, dining and kitchen area which is great for sociable evenings around the dining table or you can spill out onto the deck to enjoy a BBQ on a beautiful summer’s evening.
The kitchen has a gas stove, electric oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher and is fully equipped to cater for small groups.
Bring your own laptop or iPad and you can connect to the internet free via our wireless broadband.
If you feel more like a quiet, relaxing evening we have a 42” widescreen television, a small selection of DVD’s, HDMI cable if you wish to connect onto your own sources of entertainment. For the kids or the young at heart we have selection of board games toys and a few books.
The bathroom has a vanity and shower, you have a separate toilet. In the laundry, there is a washing machine, outside drying facilities and a clothes rack for indoor drying but no tumble dryer.
There is a two-bay carport, ample space for additional cars, boats, or trailers. Ribbonwood Retreat has it’s own private driveway and access.
Please enquire about bringing your pets.
Smoking outside only.
Ribbonwood has three separate bedrooms:
Bedroom 1 & 2 are both on the ground floor and can both be configured as twins or super-kings. Bedroom 1 has a set of drawers and a feeling of being nestled in the trees and bushes outside. Bedroom 2 has a wardrobe and looks out past the entrance to the trees beyond.
Bedroom 3 upstairs has a queen bed and a stunning view of the huge gum trees that surround the cottage.
The open plan space upstairs can be used as a second lounge, a work or yoga space or a fourth bedroom. The sofa in this room can be folded out to make a kingsize bed or one or two singles depending on your needs. Both the upstairs rooms have skylights that bring in a sense of space and light.
For those with babies we have a portacot and high chair available.
All linen is provided.
Your hosts, Sue and Runar live in a seperate house on the property. We are available to welcome you, help you settle in and make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Contact Sue to arrange the bed configuration and if you have any questions about these or any other items you may need.
Rates vary seasonally and are for 4 guests with an additional $25/night for extra guests.
- 20% discount on 7 days of rental.
- 70% discount on 28 days of rental.
Note: Prices are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD)
Terms and Conditions
- Minimum stay of 3 nights. Check-in from 2 pm; check out by 10 am.
- Key box: We provide the code for check-in and for you to use during your stay.
- A 50% deposit is required to confirm your booking. Balance at least two weeks prior to stay.
- Cancellation Policy: Full refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of booking, if the check-in date is at least 14 days away. 50% refund for cancellations made at least 7 days before check-in. No refunds for cancellations made within 7 days of check-in.
- For longer-term rentals please contact Sue And Runar
- Our payment options are: Direct Credit, our account details are available on request.